Pineapple Couscous Salad
Pineapple and green chilies flavor this salad from Margaret Pache. "I used to make this with rice, then decided to try couscous for something different," explains the Mesa, Arizona cook.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 cups baby spinach
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover
- and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a
- fork. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, pineapple, chilies,
- pecans, onions, oil, mint and garlic; toss to coat. Refrigerate
- until chilled. Serve over spinach. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 232 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.