Pineapple and green chilies flavor this salad from Margaret Pache. "I used to make this with rice, then decided to try couscous for something different," explains the Mesa, Arizona cook.
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 cups baby spinach
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, pineapple, chilies, pecans, onions, oil, mint and garlic; toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over spinach. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Couscous Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p41
Reviews for Pineapple Couscous Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review