Pineapple Coffee Cake Recipe
Moist and fruity, this coffee cake combines pineapple bits with coconut and a hint of honey. It's a wonderful choice for brunch, as an afternoon treat with tea or even after dinner with coffee.—Janice Whalen, Baldwinville, Massachusetts
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mace. In a small bowl, combine the egg, oil, milk and reserved pineapple juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. round baking pan. In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until well blended. Fold in the cornflakes, coconut and reserved pineapple. Gently spread over batter.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 347 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC