Pineapple Coconut Squares Recipe
"I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I'm glad I have it," says field editor Elaine Anderson from Aliquippa, Pennsylvania.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into egg mixture. Press into a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread pineapple over crust; set aside.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Beat in eggs. Stir in coconut. Spread over pineapple. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 16 servings.
One serving equals 192 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC