- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into egg mixture. Press into a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread pineapple over crust; set aside.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Beat in eggs. Stir in coconut. Spread over pineapple. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Coconut Squares
Sort By :
"Too many calories per serving"
"The top of these bars completely crumbled and came off when cutting. They are very tasty, but they don't resemble the picture. The picture looks like coconut was sprinkled on top after they came out of the oven."
"doubled this and it turned out great. i would make it again."
"Quick and easy to make. We cut the sugar for the topping in half and had no trouble with the squares holding together. After baking we dusted the top lightly with cinnamon, which made a big difference in our overall satisfaction with this dessert."