- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into egg mixture. Press into a 9-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread pineapple over crust; set aside.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Beat in eggs. Stir in coconut. Spread over pineapple. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Coconut Squares
"no ajustment need, everyone was so delight on very tasty this square,"
"Too many calories per serving"
"The top of these bars completely crumbled and came off when cutting. They are very tasty, but they don't resemble the picture. The picture looks like coconut was sprinkled on top after they came out of the oven."
"doubled this and it turned out great. i would make it again."
"This topping and base does not hold together. To correct the topping, try folding the pineapple into the coconut topping. Double the butter in the shortbread base to prevent crumbling. Also, my family & I found the amount of coconut overwhelming - cut back to 1/2 cup. With these alterations, it might be worth making again."
"This was most peculiar...It doesn't hold itself together very well (tends to crumble)."
"this was very GOOD"