- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and pineapple until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in coconut. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pineapple Coconut Snowballs
Sort By :
A friend recommended these and they sounded wonderful with all the flavors I love. They were such a hit at a recent party that several guests have called and asked for the recipe.
These were awful. They were really pretty but tasted gross. I threw the whole batch out. I really hate to waste food. The look on my husbands and my face when we bit into them must have been priceless.
If you actually follow the instructions, and don't try "taste testing" before the product is finished, you'll love this recipe. A few helpful hints:
1. An inch is much smaller than you think, seriously, check a ruler.
2. After you mix the drained crushed pineapple and softened cream cheese, don't taste it. It's cream cheese and pineapple, really.
3. After you shape the balls, roll them in coconut, don't taste them. It is now cream cheese, pineapple and coconut. Really.
4. If you made your snowballs SMALL, and they've chilled over night (or at least 6 hours), the pineapple and cream cheese have "married", and are delicious.
If you're expecting coconut macaroons, perhaps you should look for a recipe for coconut macaroons. These aren't really cookies, they're more like palate cleansers.
A bright little nibble, quite delicious, and a hit at the office party.
reviews are right....definately have to doctor this recipe....only tastes like cream cheese. I added 1/2 tsp. vanilla and 1/2 tsp. orange extract..(next time I will save some of the pineapple juice to use instead)..added 1/2 c. powdered sugar and about 1 1/2 c. of the coconut before putting in the fridge....DELICOUS now!
I tasted the mixture once it was cold before rolling them and UGH - didn't want to throw the whole thing out so I added icing sugar and orange flavoring before rolling them in the coconut. Don't think I'd bother making them again though.
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Candy >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Candy Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >