Pineapple Coconut Potatoes Recipe
There’s nothing like Long Island potatoes…and this recipe gives them a bit of tropical flair with pineapple, coconut, soy sauce and ginger. My family thinks they’re out of this world! The potatoes are a hit whenever I’ve served them—at barbecues, holidays and more—and I’ve often had requests for the recipe.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, potatoes, 3/4 cup coconut and onion. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, whisk the brown sugar, flour, salt, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 221 calories, 6 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC