Pineapple Coconut Pie Recipe
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coconut and pineapple. Pour into pastry shell. Chill for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (prepared with fat-free milk and sugar-free pudding and without whipped topping) equals 198 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Pineapple Coconut Pie
"great for a quick easy dessert...enjoyed by everyone!"
"Very misleading on the consistency of this mixture. There was no pouring it was so thick I had to spoon into the crust. Not what I had thought it would be. To thick."
"Simple to put together, but a little bland."
"Noy exactly low in sugar & carbs. I'm a type-1 diabetic, and must count carbs. Could make this better with hoods Low Calorie Countdown milk(low carbs) or fat free half & half, as well as diet pudding mix. Sometimes I just go "crustless" as well."
"Will be making this easy and delicous pie often. It will be a favorite in my house.Lucy Ontario, Canada"
"Made this pie and it is wonderful! I'm going to make it for Thanksgiving too."
"This sounds wonderful...will have to make it soon!!"