Pineapple Coconut Pie Recipe
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coconut and pineapple. Pour into pastry shell. Chill for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (prepared with fat-free milk and sugar-free pudding and without whipped topping) equals 198 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.