Pineapple Coconut Pie
MY DAUGHTER introduced me to several recipes that are low in sugar after I found out I have diabetes. This was one of them, and it's become one of my favorite desserts.
I enjoy making this pie and baking other treats for my daughters, 10 grandchildren and 19 great-grandchildren.
-Elsie Wilson, Freeman, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coconut and pineapple.
- Pour into pastry shell. Chill for at least 2 hours. Garnish with
- whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free milk and sugar-free pudding and without whipped topping) equals 198 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.