MY DAUGHTER introduced me to several recipes that are low in sugar after I found out I have diabetes. This was one of them, and it's become one of my favorite desserts. I enjoy making this pie and baking other treats for my daughters, 10 grandchildren and 19 great-grandchildren. -Elsie Wilson, Freeman, Missouri
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coconut and pineapple. Pour into pastry shell. Chill for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Coconut Pie in Reminisce May/June 1999, p45
Reviews for Pineapple Coconut Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review