Pineapple Coconut Pecan Muffins with Raisins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs; add carrots, oil and pineapple. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut, raisins and pecans. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 each: 302 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Coconut Pecan Muffins with Raisins
"I don't think I've ever had a more requested recipe than this one. Even someone who swore she wouldn't like them because they had so much "stuff" in them now makes them constantly. Absolutely delicious."
"Oh my goodness. I am also in Elmira, Michigan and I must say these muffins are to die for. I love this recipe and enjoyed sharing them with friends and family with coffee. Crazy good. Thank you Neighbor for sharing. I used to share my recipes, however now that I am older. I rather have people come visit because I enjoy passing the plate. SO worth the smiles. Thank you!!!"
"I made these for my family this morning but accidentally left out the vegetable oil. They came out tasting great anyway and they had less fat and calories. I will definitely be making these again."
"I left out the sugar, and these muffins were perfect! They are delicious and filling. I will make these often as a breakfast treat or a hiking snack."