Pineapple Coconut Pecan Muffins with Raisins Recipe
These hearty muffins are packed with goodies like pineapple, coconut, raisins and pecans. We enjoy them with coffee on Christmas morning. In fact, my family likes them so much that I now also make them for Thanksgiving breakfast.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs; add carrots, oil and pineapple. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut, raisins and pecans. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 302 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC