These hearty muffins are packed with goodies like pineapple, coconut, raisins and pecans. We enjoy them with coffee on Christmas morning. In fact, my family likes them so much that I now also make them for Thanksgiving breakfast.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs; add carrots, oil and pineapple. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut, raisins and pecans. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Sunshine Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p19
Reviews for Pineapple Coconut Pecan Muffins with Raisins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review