Let pineapple and coconut bring a refreshing twist to muffins with this recipe from Vicki Schrupp of Little Falls, Minnesota. Topped with sliced almonds, the moist morsels include sour cream and cream cheese.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extracts until smooth; stir in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream just until moistened. Fold in pineapple and coconut.
- Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Tropical Muffins in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p41
Reviews for Pineapple Coconut Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review