Pineapple Coconut Cake Recipe
Pairing pineapple with coconut lent a tropical flavor to the dessert served as the finale to our theme party. Shared by a former co-worker, this recipe has been in my file for 20 years and never fails to delight those who try a piece. -Gina Mueller, Converse, Texas
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Stir in pineapple. Spread over cake. Prepare whipped topping mix according to package directions; set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in 1 cup whipped topping. Fold in remaining topping. Spread over pudding. Sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC