Pineapple-Coconut Angel Food Cake Recipe
I found this recipe at a local paper and adapted it to suit my family's tastes. A friend who doesn't cook much took this cake to a family gathering, and they thought she was an overnight gourmet! —Donna Quinn of Salem, Washington
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pineapple or orange extract
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pineapple and coconut extract. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 3. Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. For topping, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and pineapple extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Frost top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 16 servings.
One piece equals 178 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Pineapple-Coconut Angel Food Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC