- form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating
- on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Transfer to two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 18-22 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly
- touched. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks
- to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add 1 cup
- confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. In another bowl,
- beat the cream cheese, pineapple and remaining confectioners' sugar
- until blended; stir in 2 cups coconut. Fold in whipped cream. Cover
- and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a
- serving plate; drizzle with 2 tablespoons reserved juice. Spread
- with 2 cups mousse. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cake
- layer and drizzle with remaining juice. Spread remaining mousse over
- top and sides of cake. Press remaining coconut onto top and sides.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 899 calories, 62 g fat (42 g saturated fat), 248 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.