- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2/3 cup 100% DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 box (2 layers) yellow cake mix
- 1 container (16 ounces) prepared butter cream frosting
- Stir together sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan; gradually stir in 1-1/4 cups pineapple juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, pour into bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on filling chill 2 to 8 hours.
- Place baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs with cinnamon at medium speed with electric mixer 2 minutes. Add sour cream, and pineapple juice, beating well. Add cake mix, and beat at low speed until just blended, about 2 minutes. Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake at 325F., 25 to 27 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- Scoop out centers of cupcakes, using a 1-inch melon baller and leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges. Discard or reserve centers for another use. Spoon a heaping tablespoonful Pineapple Filling into center of each cupcake.
- Pipe cupcakes with butter cream frosting. Yield: 24 cupcakes
Originally published as Pineapple Cinnamon Cupcakes in Dole Partner Recipes 2015
Reviews for Pineapple Cinnamon Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review