Pineapple Cider Wassail Recipe
Pineapple juice prevents this hot drink from becoming overly sweet. Skip the rumwithout sacrificing flavorfor a beverage that's ideal for guests of all ages.Lori Schmeling, Hartland, Wisconsin
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 cups apricot nectar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup rum, optional
- Place the cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- In a large saucepan, combine the apple cider, pineapple juice, apricot nectar and orange juice. Add spice bag. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard spice bag. Stir in rum if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 14 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Pineapple Cider Wassail in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p9
Reviews for Pineapple Cider Wassail(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Hot Beverages >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >