Pineapple Chutney Recipe
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 cups diced onion
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 medium yellow banana peppers, seeded and chopped, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the first 10 ingredients; add peppers if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until chutney reaches desired thickness.
- 2. Refrigerate. Serve with meat or with cream cheese as an appetizer spread. Yield: 6 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 80 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Chutney
"This was such a disappointment. I had to work around all of those huge amounts of ingredients. Minus the pineapple which was fine. It was a battle between the vinegar and sugar. One very important Key ingredient in most chutney's was Ginger.I added so much to this recipe in order to salvage it. it does have a good base on which to build.JanieGayle. It will keep for about 2 weeks covered in the fridge. I have successfully frozen many Chutneys."
"How long will this keep?"