Pineapple Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pineapple and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Press down lightly. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 116 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Pineapple Chocolate Chip Cookies
"These cookies were not too bad. I substituted cocoanut for the nuts as our school is a nut free enviroment, but they are nice and moist."
"I used Splenda instead of white sugar. This recipe was even better than I expected. My cookies turned out puffier than the ones pictured, a little like biscuits, and everyone loved them!"