Pineapple Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
These cookies are always popular at bake sales. I sometimes use 1 cup of coconut instead of the chopped walnuts.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pineapple and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Press down lightly. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 116 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Chocolate Chip Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC