Pineapple Chiffon Pie Recipe
This pie's light, creamy filling and refreshing pineapple flavor could very well make this old favorite a new classic in your recipe box.—Carolyn Redmon, Sanger, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. Combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the gelatin, pineapple juice and egg. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is slightly thickened and a thermometer reads 160° (do not boil), about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Fold whipped cream into filling. Spread evenly into crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 419 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC