Pineapple Chiffon Pie
This pie's light, creamy filling and refreshing pineapple flavor could very well make this old favorite a new classic in your recipe box.—Carolyn Redmon, Sanger, Texas
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and
- up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for
- 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the gelatin, pineapple juice and egg.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is slightly thickened and
- a thermometer reads 160° (do not boil), about 10 minutes. Remove
- from the heat; transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30
- minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fold whipped cream into filling. Spread evenly into crust.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 419 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium,