Pineapple Chiffon Cake Recipe
I WAS LOOKING for an unusual recipe to enter in competition at the local county fair. It seemed that unusual cakes and pies won, so I looked through my Mother’s old recipes and found this. I love pineapple, so thought I would give this a try. It was a big hit with my husband and brought me a blue ribbon at the fair!
- 8 egg whites
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1. Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, pineapple juice, oil and lemon peel. Add to dry ingredients; beat until well blended.
- 2. In another bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
- 3. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4. Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Combine the confectioners' sugar, butter and enough pineapple juice to achieve a glaze consistency. Drizzle over top of cake, allowing some glaze to drape down the sides. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 408 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Chiffon Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC