I've been making this flavorful recipe since a friend gave it to me 30 years ago. Chunks of sweet pineapple, tender chicken and crunchy water chestnuts are coated in a tasty glaze.Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring
- Add the chicken, pineapple, water chestnuts and ginger; cover and
- simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared without salt; calculated without rice) equals 349 calories, 283 mg sodium, 85 mg cholesterol, 37 gm carbohydrate, 24 gm protein, 12 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fruit,