Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add the chicken, pineapple, water chestnuts and ginger; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared without salt; calculated without rice) equals 349 calories, 283 mg sodium, 85 mg cholesterol, 37 gm carbohydrate, 24 gm protein, 12 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.