I've been making this flavorful recipe since a friend gave it to me 30 years ago. Chunks of sweet pineapple, tender chicken and crunchy water chestnuts are coated in a tasty glaze.—Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken, pineapple, water chestnuts and ginger; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Chicken in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p20
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review