- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken, pineapple, water chestnuts and ginger; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken
"Made this for the family and they love it. Our fussy eater even wanted seconds"
"Husband and kids love this!"
"It takes a lot for me to throw away food, but the flavor of this dish was just awful!"
"Absolutely amazing flavor! My husband and I loved it and can't wait to make it again."