From Canton, Ohio, Cheryl Harris shared the recipe for this stir-fry that's full of crisp-tender veggies. Chunks of pineapple add a colorful burst of fruity goodness to every forkful.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry green pepper, carrots, onions and ginger in oil for 3 minutes. Add chicken and garlic; stir-fry for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add the spaghetti and pineapple; stir-fry for 1 minute. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; pour over chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Chicken with Spaghetti in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p9
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken with Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review