- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, lime juice and cloves. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; set aside.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; add to marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain marinade from chicken. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and salt. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil. Place in a shallow baking dish. Add reserved marinade to skillet; cook until hot and bubbly.
- Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with almonds and coconut. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Chicken in Country October/November 1993, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken with Snow Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review