Pineapple Chicken Thighs
The sweetness of pineapple is delicious in the golden brown sauce that covers the chicken.LaVonne Hegland, St. Michael, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Place the chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and seasonings. Stir in the
- pineapple, soy sauce and vinegar until blended. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer
- reads 185°, basting occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.