- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Place the chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and seasonings. Stir in the pineapple, soy sauce and vinegar until blended. Pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 185°, basting occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Thighs(7)
Sort By :
This recipe is very easy and tasty.
These ingredients were fantastic with the chicken, with the exception of the vinegar. I didn't enjoy the tang, and it overpowered the pineapples flavor. Next time I will cut the amount in half at least, maybe by 3/4's.
These were great. First I had a pk of 10 and there was plenty of sauce for the extra 2, no problem. For the sugar I used the granulated no calorie sweetener because I am diabetic. Instead of the 2 different measurements of corn starch I just used 3 Tablespoons and I used the regular soya sauce. Instead of basting them, I just flipped over the thighs, and I also cooked them another half hour just in case. These were great, I will definitely make these again!
This one's a keeper!! Really tasty and very easy, I made mine in the crockpot and used boneless thighs since they were on sale this week. Served over rice, can't be any easier for a tasty meal. I did use a little more cornstarch towards the end only because we like a thicker sauce. The sauce had a great flavor!
The sauce was fantastic and it was perfect with the dark meat of chicken thighs...I love pineapple but can't get used to it warm! Next time I may just use the juice and set the pineapple aside in serving dishes.