The sweetness of pineapple is delicious in the golden brown sauce that covers the chicken.—LaVonne Hegland, St. Michael, Minnesota
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Place the chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and seasonings. Stir in the pineapple, soy sauce and vinegar until blended. Pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 185°, basting occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Chicken Thighs in Country Woman September/October 2004, p36
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Thighs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review