- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Place the chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and seasonings. Stir in the pineapple, soy sauce and vinegar until blended. Pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 185°, basting occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Thighs
Sort By :
"Holy Moly, I was looking for a quick dish to do with thighs that needed to be cooked today. Came across this one, however, I would not have gave a second look to pineapple on my chicken. Saw the 5 stars, read the ingredients, decided to do this and WOW was I surprised at the outcome. YUM. We were savoring every bite. Served with rice cooked in chicken broth and parsley with a veg. Thanks for a new experience. Also, did use crushed pineapple too."
"My husband and I both thought the dish was superb. The only change I made was the use of crushed pineapple instead of chunks, as suggested by Kbolinsky. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation!"
"This recipe surprised my whole family on how great it was! my tin of pineapple wasn't quite large enough so cut back on the vinegar and soy sauce and it turned out perfectly!"
"EXCELLENT! Was worried it would be too sweet but it was perfect. I used a can of crushed pineapple instead of the chunks and it made a really nice sauce, instead of having the big chunks... also after pouring the sauce over the chicken, I sprinkled diced red onion and cooked and crumbled bacon on top. DELISH! Thanks for the recipe!!"
"These ingredients were fantastic with the chicken, with the exception of the vinegar. I didn't enjoy the tang, and it overpowered the pineapples flavor. Next time I will cut the amount in half at least, maybe by 3/4's."