Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add the vegetables; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in pineapple and reserved soy sauce mixture; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared with light soy sauce; calculated without rice) equals 232 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 877 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.