Frozen vegetables and canned pineapple make this colorful tender chicken dish so convenient without sacrificing any flavor.—Renee Endress, Galva, Illinois
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add the vegetables; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in pineapple and reserved soy sauce mixture; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p16
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review