Pineapple Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 cups assorted vegetables (lettuce, red onion, carrots, sweet red pepper and broccoli)
- Salted peanuts, optional
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper. Grill over medium-hot heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 15-18 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once. Set aside and keep warm. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and reserved pineapple juice; shake well. Brush some of the dressing over pineapple; grill or broil for 2 minutes. Cut chicken into strips. Arrange vegetables on serving plates; top with pineapple and chicken. Sprinkle with peanuts if desired. Serve with remaining dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 212 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.