Pineapple Chicken Salad Sandwiches
These sandwiches are always welcome at lunchtime around our house. Sweet pineapple and crunchy pecans are nice additions to ordinary chicken salad.
Carol Alexander, Midland, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the
- mayonnaise, onion salt, garlic salt and paprika; add to chicken
- mixture and mix well. Serve on lettuce-lined rolls. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 433 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 637 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.