- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 cups assorted vegetables (lettuce, red onion, carrots, sweet red pepper and broccoli)
- Salted peanuts, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper. Grill over medium-hot heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 15-18 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once. Set aside and keep warm. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and reserved pineapple juice; shake well. Brush some of the dressing over pineapple; grill or broil for 2 minutes. Cut chicken into strips. Arrange vegetables on serving plates; top with pineapple and chicken. Sprinkle with peanuts if desired. Serve with remaining dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Chicken Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review