Pineapple Chicken Paradise Recipe
You'll think you've traveled to the tropics when you bite into this inviting chicken salad, served in an attractive pineapple "boat". Dorothy Anderson of Ottawa, Kansas blends a variety of tastes and textures, including coconut, peanuts, mandarin oranges and green grapes.
- 2 fresh pineapples with tops
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup halved green grapes
- Cut each pineapple in half lengthwise, then cut in half lengthwise again, making four shells with part of the leaves. Remove fruit; cut into cubes. Turn pineapple shells cut side down on paper towels to drain; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple cubes, chicken and celery; cover and refrigerate. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, chutney and salt; cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, drain the chicken mixture; toss with mayonnaise mixture and peanuts. Using a slotted spoon, fill pineapple shells. Sprinkle with coconut; top with oranges and grapes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Chicken Paradise in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p59
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Paradise
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review