Pineapple Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice (discarding remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, garlic and ginger over medium heat in 2 tablespoons oil for 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the carrots, green pepper and pineapple. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in spaghetti and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, reserved pineapple juice and remaining oil until smooth. Gradually add to chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Lo Mein
Sort By :
Made this recipe and had low expectations, boy was I wrong...DELICIOUS!!! I used more soy sauce (3/4 c) and flour in place of cornstarch, crushed pineaple because I didn't have chunks with cooked thin spaghetti. It turned out awesome, even my picky 6 year old loved it. Definitely a keeper and will make again.
We love this! I make this often! Simple & yummy!
We LOVE this! I substitute teriyaki sauce for the soy sauce, have subbed broccoli for the chicken it into a side dish, and usually double the sauce, the use up all the pineapple juice.
I've made this several times, and we like it very much. Last night I tried something different with it -- substituting a package of frozen stir-fry vegetable blend for the carrots and green peppers called for; cooking it just a bit longer because the veggies were frozen. It made the recipe even quicker and, we thought, even more delicious. Highly recommended!
My husband and I love this recipe! It's quick, easy, and delicious!! It is fun to add other fruits and vegetables and still have a great taste.