Pineapple Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice (discarding remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the chicken, garlic and ginger over medium heat in 2 tablespoons oil for 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the carrots, green pepper and pineapple. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in spaghetti and onions.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, reserved pineapple juice and remaining oil until smooth. Gradually add to chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 436 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,307 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.