The perfect supper to serve on busy weeknights, this speedy lo mein combines tender chicken and colorful veggies with a tangy sauce. Quick-cooking spaghetti and canned pineapple make it a cinch to throw together when time is short.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice (discarding remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, garlic and ginger over medium heat in 2 tablespoons oil for 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the carrots, green pepper and pineapple. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in spaghetti and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, reserved pineapple juice and remaining oil until smooth. Gradually add to chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Chicken Lo Mein in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Lo Mein
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review