- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice (discarding remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, garlic and ginger over medium heat in 2 tablespoons oil for 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the carrots, green pepper and pineapple. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in spaghetti and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, reserved pineapple juice and remaining oil until smooth. Gradually add to chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Lo Mein
"This is a favorite of my kids. Easy to make and very delicious. The sauce is great. We have made this several times."
"This is quick and easy to prepare, flavorful!"
"Made this recipe and had low expectations, boy was I wrong...DELICIOUS!!! I used more soy sauce (3/4 c) and flour in place of cornstarch, crushed pineaple because I didn't have chunks with cooked thin spaghetti. It turned out awesome, even my picky 6 year old loved it. Definitely a keeper and will make again."
"We love this! I make this often! Simple & yummy!"
"We LOVE this! I substitute teriyaki sauce for the soy sauce, have subbed broccoli for the chicken it into a side dish, and usually double the sauce, the use up all the pineapple juice."