Pineapple Chicken Kabobs Recipe
I combined a couple of different kabob recipes to come up with this summer grilling mainstay. The marinade does a terrific job of making the chicken and vegetables so tender and tasty.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon
- 2 large sweet onions
- 4 large green peppers
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce and reserved juice. Cut each piece of chicken into four strips. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; cut in half widthwise. Cut each onion into 16 wedges; cut each pepper into eight pieces. Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a piece of bacon around each chicken strip.
- 3. On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the bacon-wrapped chicken, vegetables and pineapple. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC