- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon
- 2 large sweet onions
- 4 large green peppers
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce and reserved juice. Cut each piece of chicken into four strips. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; cut in half widthwise. Cut each onion into 16 wedges; cut each pepper into eight pieces. Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a piece of bacon around each chicken strip.
- On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the bacon-wrapped chicken, vegetables and pineapple. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
Sort By :
Really delicious. Served these at an impromptu gathering and everyone loved them! I left the onion out only because we didn't have any at the time.
I have been making this recipe since it was first published in 07'. It is one of our favorite summer grilling dishes, perfect for company too! It is worth the extra steps of pre cooking the bacon and marinating the chicken. I like to prep the chicken and veggies a day before to save time on grilling day. Sometimes we substitute fresh pineapple and use pineapple juice from a bottle for the marinade. This is a great dish so serve on Fathers Day too.
when ever I make these, if I want left overs, I can not let any one know they are on the grill. can never make enough.
These were delicious. It was a little more work than I like to do to eat, but since hubby bbq'd, it was delicious. I did't have any green peppers so I added mushrooms instead.
Ok for the guy who thinks you need to cook the reserved maranade...it says to discard the marade that was used on the chicken. You would use the reserved maranade that was left over from taking a cup out. Please read before using a recipe and making reviews. I actually cooked this recipe, we go out on the lake in our boat and meet up with alot of people. I made this for everyone and it was the biggest hit yet. Simple and easy.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Kabob Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >