Suggested romance: Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa and toasted almonds. Honey and pineapple add a sweet twist to these fajitas that my family loves. I like to serve them with coleslaw and baked or fried potatoes. —Raymonde Bourgeois, Swastika, Ontario
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, combine seasoning mix and water; stir in the honey, parsley, garlic powder and salt. Stir into skillet. Add pineapple. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Place chicken mixture on one side of each tortilla; fold tortillas over filling. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Chicken Fajitas in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review