Pineapple Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, combine seasoning mix and water; stir in the honey, parsley, garlic powder and salt. Stir into skillet. Add pineapple. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Place chicken mixture on one side of each tortilla; fold tortillas over filling. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Fajitas(7)
Sort By :
I made this for the first time tonight. I also added the pineapple juice instead of the water. It was excellent! My husband and I loved it!
Used pineapple juice instead of water. So yummy!
Finally got around to trying this recipe tonight! The pineapple & honey added a subtle sweet flavor. ~A nice diversion to typical fajitas. :) Excited to substitute the water with pineapple juice next time! Thanks for the idea!
My husband and I absolutely love this recipe, especially prepared with the low fat spanish rice recipe. We do substitute pineapple juice for the water to make it even more mouth watering. Pair it with low carb whole wheat tortillas to make it extra healthy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fajitas >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >