- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, combine seasoning mix and water; stir in the honey, parsley, garlic powder and salt. Stir into skillet. Add pineapple. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Place chicken mixture on one side of each tortilla; fold tortillas over filling. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Fajitas
"I made fajitas for the first time ever and I'm certainly happy I found this recipe! Absolutely delicious! I did use pineapple juice instead of water, but no other changes. Thanks for the recipe??"
"My husband and I really enjoyed these fajitas. After reading the reviews, I also used pineapple juice instead of water...yum! I will definitely make them again!"
"I made this for the first time tonight. I also added the pineapple juice instead of the water. It was excellent! My husband and I loved it!"
"Used pineapple juice instead of water. So yummy!"
"Finally got around to trying this recipe tonight! The pineapple & honey added a subtle sweet flavor. ~A nice diversion to typical fajitas. :) Excited to substitute the water with pineapple juice next time! Thanks for the idea!"