Pineapple-Cherry Nut Cake Recipe
A good friend shared her mother's fruitcake recipe with me. It's simply the best I've ever eaten.
- 1 package (8 ounces) candied cherries, halved
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped candied pineapple
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, toss the cherries, pineapple and pecans with 1/2 cup flour; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts.
- 2. Combine baking powder and remaining flour; add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until well mixed. Fold in cherry mixture until moistened. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 3. Bake at 300° for 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 574 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC