Pineapple Cherry Loaves
Pineapple adds a fun twist to this holiday quick bread, plus it wakes each delicious bite nice and moist. My family prefers this to traditional fruitcake.
—Dolores Peltier, Warren, Michigan
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1 jar (10 ounces) green maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating
- well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture
- until well blended. Stir in pineapple, cherries and nuts. Pour into
- three greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick comes out
- clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Yield: 3 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 187 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium,