Pineapple Cherry Loaves Recipe
Pineapple adds a fun twist to this holiday quick bread, plus it wakes each delicious bite nice and moist. My family prefers this to traditional fruitcake. —Dolores Peltier, Warren, Michigan
- 1-3/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1 jar (10 ounces) green maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- 2. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture until well blended. Stir in pineapple, cherries and nuts. Pour into three greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 187 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC