Pineapple Cherry Loaves Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1 jar (10 ounces) green maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture until well blended. Stir in pineapple, cherries and nuts. Pour into three greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves.
Reviews for Pineapple Cherry Loaves(2)
Sort By :
I have made these loaves many times - they make wonderful and welcomed gifts at Christmas. I use pineapple tidbits instead chunks - the smaller pieces of pineapple seem to fit better with the mini loaf.
It seems like it could be a little sweeter, but that might be because I made it with only 1 jar of cherries. It tastes even better the next day. I will definitely make it again.