Pineapple Cherry Ice Cream Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cool.
- 2. Stir in the milk, cream, pineapple and lemon juice. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- 3. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 quarts.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 283 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Cherry Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.