Pineapple Cherry Ice Cream
"This fruity treat has been an all-time favorite with my family for years," says Johanna Gimmeson, Powell, Wyoming. Use an ice cream freezer to make this colorful crowd-pleaser, which is sure to be a success wherever it's served.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + Process: 20 min./batch + freezing
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cool.
- Stir in the milk, cream, pineapple and lemon juice. Fill cylinder of
- ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to
- manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready
- to freeze.
- When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for
- 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 283 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy