"This fruity treat has been an all-time favorite with my family for years," says Johanna Gimmeson, Powell, Wyoming. Use an ice cream freezer to make this colorful crowd-pleaser, which is sure to be a success wherever it's served.
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cool.
- Stir in the milk, cream, pineapple and lemon juice. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 quarts.
Originally published as Pineapple Cherry Ice Cream in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p22
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pineapple Cherry Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review