When our granddaughter visits us on weekends, I try to find something fun for her to do. Since packaged ingredients are simply layered in a pan, this is an easy treat that even a young child can fix.—Melissa Defauw, Auburn Hills, Michigan
Recommended: 48 Amazingly Easy Cakes
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or blueberry pie filling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Evenly spread pineapple in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Carefully spread with pie filling. Sprinkle with dry cake mix. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until the top is browned. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Cherry Cake in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p14
Reviews for Pineapple Cherry Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2014
"Great when you add pecans on top"
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2012
"This recipe is great in the crock pot, which is how I bake it."
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2009
"We also call it "dump cake" but we sprinkle coconut and chopped walnuts on before the butter is poured on!Yooper in Upper Michigan"