When our granddaughter visits us on weekends, I try to find something fun for her to do. Since packaged ingredients are simply layered in a pan, this is an easy treat that even a young child can fix.—Melissa Defauw, Auburn Hills, Michigan
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or blueberry pie filling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Evenly spread pineapple in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Carefully spread with pie filling. Sprinkle with dry cake mix. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until the top is browned. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Cherry Cake in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p14
Reviews for Pineapple Cherry Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review