Pineapple Cheese Torte Recipe
This light and yummy pineapple dessert looks prettiest when it's garnished with fresh strawberries. I serve this cool dessert at summer picnics or family get-togethers. It's a hit anytime of year! — Diane Bradley, Sparta, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:12-16 servings
- PAT-IN-THE-PAN CRUST:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- PINEAPPLE TOPPING:
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine crust ingredients until blended; pat into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Stir in juice. Pour over hot crust. Bake for 25 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For topping, drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice. Set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine flour, sugar and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; fold in pineapple. Cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into topping. Carefully spread over top. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 218 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC