Pineapple Cheese Torte Recipe
- PAT-IN-THE-PAN CRUST:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- PINEAPPLE TOPPING:
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine crust ingredients until blended; pat into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Stir in juice. Pour over hot crust. Bake for 25 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For topping, drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice. Set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine flour, sugar and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; fold in pineapple. Cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into topping. Carefully spread over top. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 218 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Cheese Torte
"I prepared this torte and I found this recipe very simple to prepare. I used 1 cup orange juice for the topping as I'd used the drained juice from the crushed pineapple for the filling.I used a greased and floured 12x8" baking pan. I found that I needed to bake torte 10 extra minutes and then the filling firmed up. I'd cooled pineapple topping, spread over the cream cheese layer, then I'd added an 8-oz. tub of Cool Whip. This dessert still looked impressive.delowenstein"
"This is perfect for a summer treat! Cool and creamy, the flavors are amazing!"
"very good and easy to make."
"Wow! This is wonderful! It has a light and refreshing taste without being overly sweet. Perfect for summer time or after a hot/spicy dish. I ran out of pineapple juice so I had to substitute 1 cup of orange juice for the cup of pineapple juice in the topping. It still tasted great. My husband regrets that he has to share this."
"Wonderful flavor, be careful not to press the crust too firmly- grin ;)"