- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- For pineapple filling, combine the pineapple filling ingredients in a
- saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir until
- thickened. Cool. In a bowl, combine cream cheese filling
- ingredients; mix well.
- Punch dough down. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll
- each portion into a 15-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Place on greased
- baking sheets. Spread the cream cheese filling lengthwise down
- center third of each rectangle. Spread the pineapple filling on top.
- On each long side, cut 1-in. wide strips 3 in. into center. Starting
- at one end, fold alternately strips at an angle across filling. Seal
- ends. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. If
- desired, combine icing ingredients and drizzle over braids. Store in
- refrigerator. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 185 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.