Pineapple Cheese Ball Recipe
Pineapple lends a fruity tang to this fun and tasty appetizer. Instead of one large cheese ball, you could make two smaller ones...one to serve before a meal and one to take to a party. —Anne Halfhill, Sunbury, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:24 servings
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, pineapple, green pepper, onion and seasoned salt until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in walnuts. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (3 cups).
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 87 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC